When I Die Im Coming Back
In the middle of the room is Reclining Burnout, hoisted up on her pedestal. The seven paintings in the room look on as the singular figure within them attempts to psychically transform himself into a three-dimensional object. The exhibition within ends with his most sincere and successful attempt but the artist has left him stranded. A lonely island, barely propped on a stick.
- All paintings – acrylic, oil, mud, butter, and graphite on canvas.
- 1 Reclined Sinker. 46 x 75 inches. 2010
- 2 Implied Line & Float. 65 x 72 inches. 2010
- 3 Ascending Shape/ Black Flag Floater. 60 x 60 inches. 2011
- 4 Expanded Head/ Wonder Wall. 48 x 118 inches. 2011
- 5 Blacker Recliner. 60 x 60 inches. 2011
- 6 Sister Propped Harvester. 65 x 74 inches. 2010
- 7 Toe Stub (Reduced Transition). 60 x 48 inches. 2010
- 8 and 9: Installation view
- 10 Reclined Burnout In Two Parts (Double Impact TitSmoke). 2011
- plaster, joint compound, and patchouli oil on MDF plinth.
Link to Student's Full Exhibit
© 2011 Ian R. Trout
Trout, Ian R., "When I Die Im Coming Back" (2011). CGU MFA Theses Exhibits. Image 264.
Ian Trout, art, painting, cartoons, seascape, transformers, figure, reclining nude, black, pink, monochrome