Graduation Year


Date of Submission


Document Type

Campus Only Senior Thesis

Degree Name

Bachelor of Arts


Computer Science

Reader 1

Mark Huber


In this project, a team-based scavenger hunt application with image recognition capabilities is built. The application serves to be an interactive, collaborative game that encourages its users to participate in competitive scavenger hunt games with their friends. The game will consist of lobbies, where a user (host) can create a lobby that different players (who have the lobby code) can join. Once 4 players have joined a lobby, the host will have the option to start the scavenger hunt game, which will last a week. The players will be split into two teams. During the gaming period, there will be an object generated every 4 hours to keep players engaged. The first player to take a picture of the target object will earn points for their team. The player who takes the correct picture of the target object will receive 75% of the points while the other player on the same team will receive the other 25% of the points. At the end of the week, the player/team with the most points are the winners of that game. There will be a leader board which will display who has the most points, this person will be labeled the ‘MVP’- Most Valuable Player. In this paper, the User Interface, the Database, and Backend services used to build this app will be discussed along with the process of the application’s creation.

This thesis is restricted to the Claremont Colleges current faculty, students, and staff.